College Exam Test Prep
Does My Child Really Need Test Prep Services
Homework completion is not a guarantee a student will perform well on a test. Successful test taking is a skill developed over time. The average SAT score for the class of 2013 in California was 1505 and the average ACT score was 22. Those scores should be enough to get your student considered for admittance to most schools within the Cal State system, depending on their GPA. However, many state schools are impacted and require higher scores. For example, students will need upwards of a 1700 on the SAT and at least a 24 on the ACT to be considered at Cal Poly San Louis Obispo, even higher if they want to get into engineering or architecture. If they have their heart set on a UC, they’ll also need a higher than average score. Consider these average SAT/ACT scores for a few of the UC schools:
- Does your student care about the score, but lack the self-motivation to do the studying on their own
- Does your student have a very busy schedule (sports, music, band, creative arts, etc.)?
- Is your student a nervous test-taker?
- Does your student struggle with core concepts?
- Does your student have trouble finishing tests during the time constraints?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, Bay Area Tutoring Association test prep services will make a difference and give your student the confidence to do their best.