The San Francisco Bay Area K – 12 African Ancestry Academic Success Project provides 24+ hours of free online culture workshops and tutoring by scholarship to Bay Area African Ancestry Students (Grades 1st – 12th) whose parents are Essential Workers, Healthcare Workers, Civil Servants, Teachers and other professions. The project will provide:
- Online Academic Support in Core Subjects, Math, English, Science (Grades K-12)
- Computer Science, Digital Literacy Workshops
- Health & Wellness Education (COVID19, Anti-Smoking)
- College Readiness Academic Mentoring (PSAT/SAT/ACT/Common App) Development
- Cultural History Activities & Discussions
- Historical Black Colleges Virtual Tours
- Social Emotional Wellness Training
DURATION: September 13, 2021 – December 10, 2021
TIMES: All times available to all grade levels (1st-12th)
- MON & WED 3pm-4:30pm PST
- MON & WED 4:30pm-6pm PST
- MON & WED 6pm-7:30pm PST
- TUES & THURS 3pm-4:30pm PST
- TUES & THURS 4:30pm-6pm PST
- TUES & THURS 6pm-7:30pm PST
**STUDENTS MAY REGISTER FOR ONLY ONE SESSION and MUST BE FROM MARIN COUNTY, SONOMA COUNTY, NAPA COUNTY, SOLANO COUNTY, CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, ALAMEDA COUNTY, SANTA CLARA COUNTY, SAN MATEO COUNTY, or SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY!**
Enrichment Activities Include :
*Cultural Freestyle Fridays 4pm-6pm PST
* HBCU Saturdays Mornings
“Together We will survive and thrive during COVID-19”
Special Thanks to: Santa Clara County Alliance of Black Educators, African American Community Service Agency, Black Leadership Kitchen Cabinet, Silicon Valley NAACP, Silicon Valley Black Chamber of Commerce, UJIMA, YouthHype, Roots Clinic, Jack and Jill of Silicon Valley.
If you or your organization would like to support this project, please contact Carol Been @ email@example.com.
Powered By Bay Area Tutoring Association.